You will find below a summary of the most important changes to the Stromer firmware. You can have the currently installed firmware version displayed via the menu as follows: MENU/SYSTEM/ABOUT
SUI FW = Firmware of touchscreen
TNT FW = Firmware of communication module
To enable your Stromer to receive a firmware update, switch it on. The Stromer will need good cell network reception for at least ten minutes. On the SUI FW version 1.4.x and later versions, an indicator notifies you when there is an update ready to install. When the update is ready, activate the "(OFF)" switch. A dialog window appears on the Stromer touchscreen. Here you can choose whether to install the update immediately (Yes) or later (No). You can install the update immediately or postpone installation of the update up to seven times. You will then have to install it.
During the firmware update, the torque sensor values may change. To prevent possible assistance problems, proceed as follows:
Please calibrate the torque sensor after every firmware update. You can calibrate the torque sensor in the SENSOR menu. Make sure you are not applying pressure to the pedals, then press CALIBRATE SENSOR.
SUI FW 22.214.171.124
June 11, 2018
- Optimized Errorhandling, some more critical errors are logged and remain visible for diagnosis purpose.
- Trip- and Totals- counter not affected by critical errors on the system
- Clock does not reset itself after every new start. Relevant for bikes with battery firmware 0.9.6 or 1.9.6.
SUI FW 126.96.36.199
August 25, 2017
Optimized power management
- Enhanced calibration of torque sensor during the ride
- Increased braking power in recup mode of ST1 X
- Optimized temperature management for the battery
Various bugfixes for Stromer OMNI App
- Battery and motor temperature
- Trip and total distance when connected to the charger
SUI FW 188.8.131.52
April 07, 2017
Recuperation and braking mode have been modified, enhancing the life of the battery
- Recuperation cannot be activated at low battery temperatures
- Recuperation cannot be activated when the battery is fully charged
- As soon as the battery has warmed up a little or is no longer fully charged, recuperation and braking mode can be activated as usual
Modified theft mode allows theft mode to be ended without using a smartphone
- Theft protection can be ended with the PIN
- If the PIN is entered incorrectly three times in a row, the PIN input window will be locked for three minutes
Various bugfixes, including:
- Status messages sent after switching on
- Validation of status messages modified
- Backward jumps of the total distance triggered by certain error combinations