Release Notes Stromer Firmware
Below you will find an overview of the most important firmware versions for the Stromer OMNI Interface. The firmware version currently installed can be displayed using the menu: MENU/SYSTEM/ABOUT
SUI FW = touchscreen firmware
Firmware updates are sent automatically to your Stromer. To enable your Stromer to receive a firmware update, switch it on. The Stromer will need good mobile network reception for at least ten minutes. If an update is ready for installation, this is displayed by an indicator in the status bar.
As soon as you switch the Stromer off or on, you can choose whether to install the update immediately (YES) or later (NO).
OMNI Interface C
SUI FW 188.8.131.52
17. June 2019
- PIN minimum length set at 5 digits
- If the PIN has been entered incorrectly three times, the input field is blocked for 1 minute
- In the locked state, the motor already blocks at very slow speed
- It can be selected whether a dynamic remaining range should be displayed instead of the battery charge Level
- If there is no GPS connection, the bike will be located via the GSM connection
- Improved installation of updates
- When charging the battery, the charge level is transmitted to the app at regular intervals.
SUI FW 184.108.40.206
6. November 2018
- PIN query can be activated when switching on. New setting allows a PIN to be requested after each power on
- Stabilizing measures in the Bluetooth module for Seamlessride function
- Interference from Seamlessride to GPS reduced
optimizations Assisted GPS
- Sport Modus: Revised user guidance and improved temperature and voltage management
- Electromechanical battery door can be ejected by clicking on the battery symbol when vehicle is connected to the charger.
- Control element on the handlebar is switched off in standby mode
- Improved error handling
SUI FW 220.127.116.11
27. June 2018
Optimized motor parameter for ST5
- Reduction of vibrations
- Smoothens ride between 41 and 44 km/h
Improvement of Seamlessride Function
- Changed threshold to detect pedal pressure
- Bike locks more reliable using Seamlessride function
SUI FW 18.104.22.168
20. June 2018
Compatibility with OMNI Interface C Upgrade Kit
- Compatible with previous bike types (<2018)
- Boost Function for previous bike types
Various bug fixes
- Corrections in module for time zone detection
- orrections in GPS application
SUI FW 22.214.171.124
18. Mai 2018
- Keylessride – electromechanical battery box
- Sport Mode S
Software update von Peripherie Komponenten
- Akku Firmware
- Kontroller Firmware
- M99 pro Firmware
- Standard Tuning entfernt Unterstrich bei Modus 2
- Motor Typ Auswahl im Service
SUI FW 126.96.36.199
14. March 2018
Retroactive correction of bike configuration during production
SUI FW 188.8.131.52
5. March 2018
Contains the following optimizations:
- Ensures compatibility of ST2 and ST2 S with additional motor types
- ST2 bike type configuration during production
SUI FW 184.108.40.206
26. February 2018
The following features are new:
- New languages: German, French, Dutch, Italian
- Time setting: Automatic setting for all time zones
- Seamless Ride: Your bike will be automatically locked / unlocked when you walk away / approach with your smartphone. Setting for Seamless Ride sensitivity. We recommend to use Seamless Ride in combination with Autolock.
- Display background – Day / Night mode: Drive screen and menu can be displayed in front of dark or bright background based on user selection. Automatic: Display background automatically adjusts itself to the ambient light.
- New indicators in status bar: Low beam, high beam, position light. Bluetooth, Seamless Ride
- Various other bug fixes and optimizations
SUI FW 220.127.116.11
17. January 2018
The first release for OMNI Interface C contains basic functions for the following Stromer models from model year 2018: ST1 X, ST2 and ST2 S
The following functions are among the new ones:
- Support of new components: 3G mobile communication standard, Color display, Horn
- New design: Ride screen, Menu, User interface
- New status bar: GPS indicator is shown if a GPS position is available
- Simplified menu navigation
- Available language: English
- Time setting: Automatic setting (CET)
The following functions will follow in later releases:
- Additional languages: German, French, Dutch, Italian
- Time setting: Automatic setting of all time zones
- Seamless Ride: Your bike is automatically locked/unlocked when you walk away/approach with your smartphone.
OMNI Interface B
SUI FW 18.104.22.168
- ST1 Compatibility
- Updates can now be installed via Bluetooth (ST1 only).
- Among the settings, you can now set, if the horn should be used as an additional alarm in case of theft.
- The Bluetooth menu has been revised to make it easier to use.
- A bug that caused the power supply not to lock during charging has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the headlight did not work in ST1X theft mode.
- Added support for new components.
SUI FW 22.214.171.124
June 11, 2018
- Optimized Errorhandling, some more critical errors are logged and remain visible for diagnosis purpose.
- Trip- and Totals- counter not affected by critical errors on the system
- Clock does not reset itself after every new start. Relevant for bikes with battery firmware 0.9.6 or 1.9.6.
SUI FW 126.96.36.199
August 25, 2017
Optimized power management
- Enhanced calibration of torque sensor during the ride
- Increased braking power in recup mode of ST1 X
- Optimized temperature management for the battery
Various bugfixes for Stromer OMNI App
- Battery and motor temperature
- Trip and total distance when connected to the charger
SUI FW 188.8.131.52
April 07, 2017
Recuperation and braking mode have been modified, enhancing the life of the battery
- Recuperation cannot be activated at low battery temperatures
- Recuperation cannot be activated when the battery is fully charged
- As soon as the battery has warmed up a little or is no longer fully charged, recuperation and braking mode can be activated as usual
Überarbeiteter Diebstahlmodus erlaubt das beenden des Diebstahlmodus ohne Smartphone
- Diebstahlschutz kann mit der PIN beendet werden
- Wird dreimal die falsche PIN eingegeben, wird das PIN Eingabefenster für drei Minuten gesperrt
Various bugfixes, including:
- Status messages sent after switching on
- Validation of status messages modified
- Backward jumps of the total distance triggered by certain error combinations
SUI FW 184.108.40.206
Functions for the ST1 X and the BQ618 battery
- Compatibility with the BQ618 battery
- Compatibility with the CYRO Drive motor
- Start-up screen with an ST1 X logo for ST1 X vehicles
Torque sensor calibration
- Optimized calibration of the torque sensor while riding
- A manual calibration of the torque sensor, via the sensor menu, is recommended after the update
SUI FW 3.2.x
This fleet-specific firmware was never released.
SUI FW 3.1.x
This fleet-specific firmware was never released.
SUI FW 220.127.116.11
November 08, 2016
Measures to improve communication with the Stromer OMNI app
- Reduction in communication errors – problem with the backend
- Invalid trip and total values rectified – if vehicle on charger
- Optimization of automatic status message when switching off
- Tuning is applied without restart
Optimized riding properties
- Riding properties when maximum supported speed reached
- Controlled acceleration in Move mode
- Elimination of temporary acceleration after braking process
Diverse bug fixes for SUI FW 3.0.3 – among others
- Measures to prevent loss of support
- Malfunctioning of power button
- No acceleration after pushing back onto stand
- No flickering of lights when switching off
SUI FW 18.104.22.168
August 09, 2016
This bug fix release is available to all ST2 S and ST2 with ST983 battery. Vehicles with ST814 battery and SUI FW 2.0.0 are not taken into account.
Optimized software update (only effective with consecutive updates)
- Confirmation after successful update
- Installation after wake up, switch on and off
Adapted handling performance at maximum speed
Stabilizing measures for ST983 battery
Stabilizing measures in charging mode
- No menu access during charging process
Diverse bug fixes for SUI FW 3.0.1 – among others
- Motor blocked after unlocking
- Calculation totals
SUI FW 22.214.171.124
June 17, 2016
This bug fix release is only available for newly delivered ST2 S and ST2 with ST983 battery.
Diverse bug fixes for SUI FW 3.0.0 – among others
- Brake sensor in move mode
- Frozen speed indicator
- PIN possible with less than 9 digits
- Tire dimensions ST2 S
SUI FW 3.0.1
May 27, 2016
This bug fix release is only available for the ST2 S and ST2 with ST983 battery.
- Time is set on the battery and saved
- Time can be set in a one-time process for each battery
- No renewed setting of time needed after changing battery
Various bug fixes for SUI FW 3.0.0 – including
- Battery warnings – self clearing
- Reduced power consumption in standby
SUI FW 3.0.0
April 18, 2016
This update is only available for the ST2 S and ST2 with ST983 battery. M99-Pro lamp and ST983 battery are not compatible with older SUI firmware versions.
Functions for ST2 S and ST983 battery
- Light management for M99-Pro
- Compatibility of ST983 battery
- Speed display modified in accordance with wheel circumference of ST2 S
Torque sensor calibration in Sensor menu
- To be performed if no or irregular assistance
- When executing unload the pedals and sit on the saddle
Revised theft protection is to prevent user from riding off in error when bike is locked.
- Braking effect when vehicle locked
- Lights flash and PIN input field is displayed before the theft mode is activated
SUI FW 1.5.2
October 26, 2015
SUI FW 1.5.2 is installed on new touchscreens for Production and Service. It is not installed on all bikes across-the-board.
- Support for new motor controller version
- Supports controller with built-in CAN protection unit
- New display setup for improved contrast
- Improved contrast calibration in Production display
SUI FW 1.5.0
May 19, 2015
- Optimization of communication when ST2 is switched on:
- Position is updated every 10 minutes
- Status is updated every 10 minutes
- Optimized energy management when locked
- Reduced energy demand when locked
- More accurate indication of the battery charge level after unlocking
- Bike flashes only for the first 5 minutes after locking
- New error handling
- Smartphone recharged at the USB charging socket without generating an OMNI error
- General stability improvements
SUI FW 1.4.0
April 21, 2015
- Battery charge display:
- A more accurate calculation approach for the battery charge display ensures the battery is fully charged up at the end of the charging process.
- IMPORTANT: For optimum charging results, the battery should ideally be charged and stored at room temperature. The battery cannot reach its full capacity in a cold environment.
- New indicators to display mobile network reception:
- New indicator for GSM signal strength in the riding display
The more bars are solid, the better the signal strength is
- New indicator for GSM signal strength in the riding display
Circle with a line through it = GSM and GPRS offline
G = GPRS online
No G = GPRS offline
NOTE: The ST2 can only communicate via the mobile network if there is a GPRS connection. So even if the bars indicate maximum signal strength, communication will not be possible if no "G" is displayed.
- New indicator for exchanging data packages
- A flashing arrow pointing down means the ST2 is receiving data.
- A flashing arrow pointing up means the ST2 is sending data.
- New indicator if new firmware is available for your ST2
Flashing arrow in box = update being loaded
Arrow in box = update ready for installation. The next time you switch on/off, you will be asked whether you would like to install the firmware.
- The PIN input display disappears if there is no activity for 1 minute in the locked mode.
- Responsiveness of the touchscreen has been optimized so that commands can be input more precisely and incorrect inputs are minimized.
SUI FW 1.3.0
Internal release was never published
TNT FW 1.01
- Mobile communication is more stable
- Has no influence on range of functions or handling
SUI FW 1.2.00
The firmware update optimizes the charging process when you charge the battery directly inside the ST2.
- Flashing of the ST2 lights in the locked mode is reduced. Only the daytime running lights now flash.
- Display of system messages is optimized.
- Other adjustments
- The firmware update supports new functions of the myStromer smartphone app (from app version: Argentum / August 2014 ):
- The remote locking and unlocking function is replaced by the “AUTOLOCK” function. With “AUTOLOCK”, you can activate a timer for the automatic lock on the ST2. Via app, you can determine a period of time after which your ST2 is automatically locked. To unlock your bike again, you must enter the PIN when you switch it on.
- You will now feel the adjustments that you can make when fine-tuning the assistance mode 2 via app much more strongly than before. Speed, torque and agility.
- New features are that you can make ST2 system settings such as time, language and units via app.
SUI FW 1.1.00
- System languages: German, English, French, Dutch, Italian
- Time format: 12hr / 24hr
- Leave regeneration automatically
- Consideration of the braking mode in regeneration
- New move mode display
- PIN entry with numbers
SUI FW 1.0.00 | TNT FW 1.00
- First release with the basic functions of the ST2
NOTE: A software update takes approx. 1 – 5 minutes depending on the scope. Software updates are only sent if there is a mobile network connection.